Hi, I’m Mike! I own and work at an engineering design firm (Canopy Design Lab) in Charleston, South Carolina. I finished my doctorate at The University of Rochester in 2007 and then spent three years as a post-doc at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I put this site together to get some feedback and share various insights and thoughts on:
- Electronics and technology – embedded design, low power VLSI, microcontrollers, FPGA’s, and PCB design
- Aviation – I suffer from a disorder (inherited) that results in spending all excess time and money on making myself airborne.
- House Renovations – My wife and I are currently and forever renovating the 1940 colonial that we are living in.
- Ice Hockey, Rock Climbing, and Mountain Biking – a few sports to keep myself injured.
- Photography – I’ve been taking pictures and making movies since high school and loving every minute of it.
I’m always looking for new projects and collaborations. Check out a recent version of my C.V. to get a feel for my interests and abilities, and I’ll welcome any discussion and feedback.